Dachstein Glacier in Ramsau near Filzmoos
The Dachstein Glacier, just 15 km away from Filzmoos, offers something for everyone:
- 15 km climbing trails and numerous climbing routes: The "Johann" and "Irg" trails are popular and well-known.
- Marked and cleared glacier footpaths, plenty of hiking routes and peak trails.
Tip: Every Wednesday guided glacier hike organised by "Filzmoos Aktiv".
Booking required tel. 0043 664 2027221
- (Tandem) paragliding available
- Skiing and cross country skiing in summer too. Perfect pistes for beginners, gentle skiers and those preparing for the winter season.
- Sunrise breakfast or sunset on the Dachstein – both an unforgettable experience. Advance booking required: Tel. 0043 3687 22042 800
- The journey up on to the Dachstein in the Panorama Gondola is an amazing experience in itself. You can almost reach out and touch the Dachstein mountain range.
- Dachstein Sky Walk - the most spectacular viewing platform in the Alps right by the mountain cable car station.
- The Dachstein Ice Palace transports you into a mystical world of ice and snow right inside the glacier. Just three minutes walk from the mountain cable car station.
- Dachstein suspension bridge with "Stairway to Nowhere"
These are the latest attractions on the Dachstein and are not for the faint-hearted.
© Planai Bahnen